In 2009, 2013, and again in 2019, PFSCM was contracted as a procurement services agent (PSA) for the Pooled Procurement Mechanism (PPM) of The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria. The Global fund is a major financing institution in the fight against HIV, tuberculosis (TB), and malaria in 140 countries.
We source, procure and deliver quality-assured health products to prevent and detect COVID-19, HIV, TB, and malaria, among other diseases. For PPM specifically, we specialize in viral load and early infant diagnostics, laboratory and medical supplies, and medical equipment and devices.
For the first two decades of PPM, PFSCM was responsible for the procurement and delivery of antiretrovirals (ARVs), artemisinin-based combination therapies (ACTs), rapid diagnostic kits for HIV (HRDTs), rapid diagnostic tests for malaria (MRDTs), MRDT consumables, antimalarials, and indoor residual spraying (IRS) commodities.
Since 2019, PFSCM has been contracted by the Global Fund to execute additional supply chain and sourcing services to help countries resolve procurement bottlenecks, overcome supply chain management challenges, and to facilitate timely access to complex medical equipment such as Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) machines, X-ray machines, and waste management platforms as well as diagnostic tests. The COVID-19 pandemic extended our scope to diagnostics and related supplies for the detection of SARS-CoV-2.
Over the last 10 years (since 2009), we have procured more than $3.9 billion worth of health care products and delivered more than 17,700 shipments to 91 countries for the Global Fund, making the Global Fund our largest client.
Over the years, PFSCM has invested in various technologies and tools to optimize our service offering for the Global Fund. Technologies include a world-class One Network Control Tower, which digitizes, automates, and integrates our data warehouse and financial and operational systems for streamlined execution.
We support the Global Fund with various specialized activities and services, such as developing and implementing Product Quality Assurance policies, supplier prequalification programs, and even developing and implementing warehousing solutions.
PFSCM issues quotes, facilitates purchase orders, and ensures on-time delivery of products to Principal Recipients in over 100 countries.
We have provided the Global Fund with procurement and logistics services, including:
- Competitive and transparent procurement and order fulfillment for, laboratory commodities, and medical equipment in accordance with the Global Fund’s quality assurance policy, procurement guidelines, and country requirements.
- Best-value transportation (via air, ocean, and road) using multiple freight forwarders.
- Complementary support, such as temporary warehousing, in-country distribution, and other activities.
- Customs clearance and delivery, managed by our freight forwarders, local agents, and field offices.
- Customer service support.
- Funds management, including vendor payment, reconciliation, and final invoices.
- Management of service providers to contractually agreed service levels.
- Visibility into order and delivery status via an online, integrated track-and-trace tool.